We replaced the broken MPU-6050 with the replacements we got and Crazyflie is now flying again! Until now we did not really know if the new architecture with digital sensors was working and able to fly. Now we know it can, and the performance of the copter seems really very good!
Replacing QFN components are not that easy if you don’t have access to good tools. Luckily they have a hot air station at work which makes the job a lot easier. We took a photo of the replaced MPU-6050 and it is actually hard to distinguish between the original re-flow soldered one, except maybe for the crocked capacitors. Ohh and what looks as a short on two of the pins are supposed to be there
We think the stability is a bit better than with the IDG500/ISZ500 gyros. Judge for your self